Thursday, August 21, 2008

Overdone

Yesterday was a wild day. I got out of bed late, rushed to the gym and lifted heavy weights slowly. Someone told me that you could do 1 rep when lifting this way. I hope it still has benefits because that is all of the time I had.

After work, a friend and I went for a bicycle ride -- ten miles. That's not long by most standards, but my body hasn't pedalled a bicycle for months. And my legs were sore. By the time I got home, I was contemplating the fastest way to get in bed.

Then I saw the flashing light on the answering machine. My friend wanted to know what time to come over for dinner the next day, and I remembered that I had invited five people to dinner. A chase scene to the grocery store ensued. Thank goodness that Weight Watchers has an excellent and easy crock pot chili and fairly healthy to boot. When the can opener works well, it is very easy to assemble. My can opener gnawed at the edges of the cans but left them otherwise undisturbed. It is hard to say when I moved to the method of using pliers to remove the lids, but I sweated over those little metal capsules until I could dump the contents into the crock.

I was very, very tired when I went to bed two hours late. I did not go to the gym this morning and settled for rinsing my hair in the shower. Needless to say that going to the gym (and visiting the shampoo) is essential tomorrow.

In the meantime, the chili smells really good and company is due to arrive any moment. Dr. Perricone has listed all ten of his super-foods, and the chili has beans! One super-food down -- nine more to work into my diet. He also listed something called an acai berry as the number one super-food and some kind of algae. I was excited to see barley on the list since it is a filling and yummy grain. It will be fun to incorporate these into my cooking. Note to self: it is time to start cooking at home.

No comments: