Monday, August 18, 2008

Gym Day

G-Day came early. That's right. G-y-m day. I'll be honest. Rolling out of bed and getting on the elliptical trainer was hard. I hit snooze so many times that I missed my chance for strength training. That rolls around on the schedule again on Wednesday, so I'll just keep moving forward.

As added incentive to arrive at the gym on a daily basis, my shampoo and make up have been strategically relocated to my locker. The thought of arriving at work without freshly washed hair and make up is terrifying. Calling into work dirty just won't fly.

The actual workout felt pretty good. Some of the tight muscles in my lower back and hips started to relax. My back popped a little bit and everything felt more comfortable. I was completely awake when I arrived at work and I felt happy inside as if I were savoring a delicious secret. I'm ready to do it again tomorrow, but I am taking some ibuprofen prophylacticly.

Reading The Perricone Promise is on tonight's to-do list. If I want to be healthier and feel better, then I should certainly read about how to be more youthful. I understand that Dr. Perricone recommends anti-oxidants. I adore blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. It won't take much encouragement to eat those.

1 comment:

J said...

You're pretty smart to leave the shampoo and make up at the gym! Never thought of that one. ;)